GGS VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT: UX Coach for Coding Workshop & Hackathons
UX Coach for Coding Workshop & Hackathons
3-4 people needed for 3 half day events and adhoc online support over a period of 6 weeks.
Purpose: To support student groups to design and develop their front end skills as part of a Coding Workshop and Hackathon around Blockchain.
We can pay (reasonable) expenses for this role for anyone who is travelling from outside of Edinburgh.
- Support Workshop Lead with prep and on the ground logistics
- Identify useful resources to support learning HTML, CSS and associated languages
- Be able to work through some basic tutorials with students
- Support the conceptualisation and planning of development for a project brief
- Be able to help students fix and debug code
- Offer adhoc online support over a 6 week period in Feb & March 2017 (dates tbc)
Must have good communication skills and a strong interest in supporting under-represented people in technology. An ability to learn new coding languages, and to help others in their learning, is essential!
** Please let us know if you have a preferred suite.
Will be a good fit with people who hold a qualification in computer science, or who work as professional UX designers. We are particularly keen to get applications from people with experience teaching or coaching!
To find out how to apply visit our Volunteer page.