We Are Recruiting Again
2 Relationship Managers & 2 Educational Development Officers
We have lots of exciting things planned and we need our team to grow. You can see our full programme of events here
We know you are awesome and we’d love you to join our team.
How to Apply
Please answer the following questions in an email to email@example.com with the Subject Heading: VOLUNTEER
- What role do you want to apply for?
- What is *your* ambition for Girl Geek Scotland?
- How do you see your efforts and skills being used to greatest effect?
- How specifically will this role help you in your own career and life?
Working With Us
Girl Geek Scotland has always relied on volunteers to help us create our world class events. We fit our work into coffee breaks and after hours effort. Many hands make light work, and for every event we have an “All hands on deck approach!”. This means that the Lead for one event will offer support to the Lead on another event. You may be coordinating Industry Leaders for one event and serving wine at the next!
As we are expanding there is a need for clearer lines of communication, and we are now developing specific roles that meet the needs of our community, funders and partner organisations. We are getting more and more men attending our events. We have one or two men joining our team this year and would welcome more applications from the boys. Its great to have guys in tech onside!
If you are prepared to roll up your sleeves, we can help you reach your ambitions!
Education Development Officers (2 Roles)
Purpose: To provide consistent high quality, learning resource packs for our events. * We expect these resources to be distributed Scotland wide through our existing Partner organisations.
- Consulting with the Programme Manager, Event Leads and Speakers
- Create a pack of resources for online access
- Review of events to extract key learnings
- Consult with audience for feedback and guidance on future sessions
- Production of Project Briefs and other bespoke GGS materials as required
- Relationship building with partner organisations
- Sign-post members to other organisations that can help
Must have a strong interest in creativity, computing and enterprise. This will be a good fit with someone who has a qualification or experience in eduction or training.
Mentoring Relationship Manager (2 roles)
Purpose: to manage the relationships with partner organisations, to take part in matching mentors and mentees, to ensure participants have a good experience.
- Attend up to 4 Mentoring Events and support on the ground logistics
- Develop relationships with large organisations that can supply mentors for our community through Corporate & Social Responsibility and HR initiatives
- Attend meetings and participate in matching mentors and mentees
- Keeping everyone informed of progress (emails etc) & ensuring any safety info is adhered to
- Design questionnaires and surveys to analyse needs and develop future strategy and events planning
- Ensuring Next Steps are always clear to partners, mentors and mentees
Ideally our Relationship Managers will already have good relationships with a number of large organisations that can help provide mentors for our mentoring programme. An understanding of routes to career progression, is an advantage.