GGS VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT: Developer Coach for Coding Workshop & Hackathons (Blockchain)
Developer Coach for Coding Workshop & Hackathons (Blockchain)
Up to 6 people needed for 3 half day events, and adhoc online support over a period of 6 weeks.
Purpose: To lead a “student” team of up to 3 beginner and intermediate developers, in learning some basic coding skills, and to support them to develop a short project as part of a Coding Workshop and Hackathon on Blockchain.
We can pay (reasonable) expenses for this role for anyone who is travelling from outside of Edinburgh.
- Support Workshop Lead with prep and on the ground logistics
- Identify useful resources to support learning Blockchain or Chain Core and associated languages
- Be able to work through some basic tutorials with students
- Support the conceptualisation and planning of development for a project brief
- Be able to help students fix and debug code
- Offer adhoc online support over a 6 week period in Feb & March 2017 (dates tbc)
Must have good communication skills and a strong interest in supporting under-represented people in technology. An ability to learn new coding languages, and to help others in their learning, is essential!
** Please let us know if you have a preferred suite.
Will be a good fit for people who hold a qualification in computer science, or who work as professional developers. We are particularly keen to get applications from people with experience teaching or coaching!
To find out how to apply visit our Volunteer page.